COVID Circuit Breaker 7 Day Lockdown
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice to Vivid supported persons, families, carers and staff
Advice to Vivid supported persons, families, carers and staff
Thursday 27 May 2021
Seven Day Lockdown Restrictions
This Advice details the status of Vivid’s services, effective from the commencement (at midnight Thursday 27 May, 2021) of the restrictions.
The basic rule is – stay at home unless:
• Shopping for necessary goods and services (one person per household, once per day; a support person can accompany)
• Caregiving or compassionate reasons
• Exercise (up to two hours per day, with one other person or members of your household)
• Authorised work or permitted education
• Receiving a COVID-19 vaccination
Travel is limited to a radius of five kilometres from your home residence, except:
• To access necessary goods and services
• To visit an intimate partner
• To visit a person in your “single bubble”
• For authorised work and permitted education
• For care or compassionate reasons
• Face coverings must be carried at all times
• Face coverings must be worn at all times indoors and outdoors, except if you are at home
• No visitors
Day Services will close.
Flexible supports, such as in-home care and 1:1 supports will continue to be provided as long as it is considered to be an essential service.
We will be in contact with all clients who are in receipt of flexible supports to clarify whether or not we will be able to provide them with services during the lockdown period.
Residential Accommodation – Burke House and Paroo Street
Burke House will continue to operate as usual, subject to the constraints imposed by the restrictions (including, of course, the need for residents to comply with one of the five reasons for leaving the House).
No visitors are permitted to residential settings.
Work Crew – Supported Employment
Work Crew will continue to operate.
This will be subject to:
• The constraints imposed by the restrictions (such as only essential work being carried out) and
• Liaising with customers and business partners in relation to the continuation, variation or cessation of contracts.
Transport services will not operate.
High Street North will be closed.
Staff will be working from home.
Filling shifts – Day Services, Residential Accommodation, Work Crew
Staff with permanent (contracted) hours will fill available shifts (to the level of their permanent hours).
These staff will need to be prepared to work at different sites.
If there are shifts available after all permanent (contracted) hours are filled, those shifts will be offered to other staff.
Casual staff (or permanent staff with low contracted hours) will be preferred in filling any excess shifts.
Casual staff will also need to be prepared to work at different sites.
Health and safety remains the paramount consideration
All of these services will, of course, continue to observe all health and safety directions, issued by Health Authorities and Government.
Staff who have accrued Annual Leave and Long Service Leave can consider taking that leave.
Approval of any leave will, however, not be automatic.
We will need to manage leave carefully so that service provision is not adversely impacted.
All applications for leave will be considered on a case by case basis and must be received by close of business, Friday 28 May 2021.
COVID Safe Measures
Key COVID Safe measures must be practiced by all staff at all times. This includes:
• The wearing of face masks at all times.
• Wearing appropriate PPE when required.
• Sanitising your hands upon arrival.
• QR Code Check in upon arrival.
• Temperature checks upon arrival for Residential staff.
• Adhering to site density limits.
• Sanitising high touch surfaces several times a day (including vehicles).
• Staying at home if you experience any cold or flu like symptoms.
• Regular and thorough hand washing.
For further information on COVID Safe Settings, visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirusd-covidsafe-settings
This Advice may change!
Some elements of this Advice may change in the coming days.
Please keep an eye on Vivid’s website.
If you haven’t downloaded Konnective, please do so – it is our primary method of delivering critically important information to you.
If you need advice on how to download Konnective contact Megan Dehne:
Chief Executive Officer
Email: [email protected]